Accounts Receivable plays a vital role and has a direct impact on our people and business. Our Accounting team works together and cross-trains to support each other in all key areas as needed.
We're looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk with solid B2B experience who can own the AR function and support other areas of our Accounting team.
• Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to General Ledger accounting (eg. invoices, inventory reports, account statements etc.) using computerized and manual systems.
• Prepare customer invoices on a daily basis including all shipping and applicable taxes.
• Forward all invoices to respective client representatives via email or fax.
• Prepare and send account statements to clients (weekly or as needed).
• Prepare customer credit memos and all accounts receivable adjustments.
• Forward all daily invoices, cash receipt report and sales report to the UK office.
• Process Credit Card payments from customers (back-up).
• Set up new customers in Accounting System/ERP (BusinessVision) and update customer information.
• Perform collection duties for ACLUS, ACCAN & SMI and prepare Collections spreadsheet and collections reports.
• Maintain current customer’s information and set up new customer accounts in the accounting computerized software.
• Prepare/run reports from the Accounting System to support month-end/year-end General Ledger balances according to the period end timelines.
• Provide any reports or documentation require by the leadership team.
• Perform related clerical and administrative duties as required.
• Additional accounting backup and support as required
• Additional hours may be required for Month-End closings, Year-End, Inventory, or other such peak periods and/or events.
• Post-secondary education (diploma or degree) in Accounting, Commerce or Finance.
• 3+ years of related Accounts Receivable experience.
• Professional communications ability (written and verbal).
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong computer proficiency: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Sage BusinessVision or other Enterprise Resource Planning software.
• Professional work ethic and high level of integrity.
• Ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
• Experience in customer service and client relationships.
Also nice to have:
• Customer Resource Management (CRM) tools (e.g. Salesforce).
• CONCUR Expense Management Tool.
• Experience with payroll processing.